Ontario 7095-TORONTO HEAD OFFICE (STORE SUPPORT CENTRE)
Last Date to Apply: 09/29/2019
Department Name: Corporate Opportunities
The Direct Fulfillment Supply Chain function is an emerging capability at The Home Depot. With the outstanding growth as an organization, Home Depot is positioned to become a leader in the Home Delivery business. As such, it is a function that will be in a mode of exciting and significant change over the next few years.
As a subject matter expert in Supply Chain principles and having an in depth knowledge of core supply chain or deliveries, the Business Analyst will be accountable for assisting the Manager, Direct Fulfillment with the execution of initiatives. They will work with cross functional partners to resolve specific business issues and will work with leaders and associates to development and implement key strategies. This includes executing advanced analysis, detailed process engineering and change management.
- Leads change by example and drives project team work through ambiguity of new processes and systems
- Works closely with DF operations teams, Store Ops, IT, and other appropriate cross functional partners to drive project deliverables
- Act as the Lead of the team when Manager is unavailable.
- Perform complex analytics and deliver recommendations based on sound Supply Chain principles
- Use analytical methods to model/quantify current and future state performance and costs
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of best practices within the team.
- Use Lean/Six Sigma principles to identify savings opportunities within the supply chain
- Provide process oversite for various delivery system procedures to ensure high quality process outputs
- Facilitate discussions with key business stakeholders to generate solution ideas and provide status updates and reporting
- Develop and manage action plans associated with improvement initiatives
- Prepare and present project details/updates when necessary
Experience / Knowledge Required:
- Internal Candidates: Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+, Meets expectation, Consistently demonstrates).
- 3-5 years of analytical experience (ideally in a retail environment) with emphasis on process improvement, replenishment, change management and data analysis
- University or College Degree in business or engineering will be considered as a preferred qualification
- Experience with Distribution, Transportation or a Home Delivery related field a definite asset
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology is preferred
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visual Basic, SQL, Word and Visio
- Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extrapolate pertinent information from various sources (reports and spreadsheets) and analyze data for recommendations
- Maturity in a changing environment and ability to go above & beyond a defined role
- Strong relationship builder and has the ability to communicate effectively across different levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel within Canada and or the U.S.A.